[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK Community Events Banner

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 23:55:18 BST 2010

On 10/08/10 23:19, Joe O'Dell wrote:

>> If somebody organises an event out side London how’s a banner going to get to them?
> Through connections (i.e. meeting up with someone else involved in Ubuntu UK), at other events or by collection (or via post?)
> There is always a way.

If the banner is anything like the for the LUG I'm in the (about 1 metre
high by 3 metres wide I believe) rolled up it doesn't take up that much
space and it isn't overly heavy so I guess it wouldn't cost much for a
courier.

Saying that the banner we had done was about £50 ish, so maybe if a few
of us in areas club together maybe we could raise the money to get a
couple of more banners?

(That is assuming Canonical can't help with supplying a banner, or some
funds towards a banner).

Rob