[ubuntu-uk] Setting Up an Ubuntu network?

Jon Spriggs jon at spriggs.org.uk
Fri Oct 30 09:40:08 GMT 2009

Hi Liam,

As with all things Free and Open Source, you have a lot of choices...

Do you stick with Samba between machines (as there are extensions in Samba
for a Samba client talking to a Samba server). Do you switch to the Fuse
module SSHFS between all your machines, automounting them only when you need
to using another Fuse module aFuse? Or, do you use the venerable NFS?

My personal preference is to use SSHFS.

Regards,

--
Jon ""The Nice Guy"" Spriggs LPIC-1 Certified
This message was sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any top posting