[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on the BBC!!!

Michael Holloway michael at thedarkwinter.com
Tue Oct 27 13:11:10 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 12:45 +0000, Gordon wrote:
> Actually not so in my experience. MS seems to have tsken a leaf out of
> Ubuntu's book. The only driver that did NOT come with Windows 7 for my 2
> y/o Toshiba Satellite was my printer....everything else just....worked!

I will second that. Everything worked on my machine from a fresh win7
install.

But I think its worth pointing out that a Win7 installation in 2 years
time will have the same driver problems as Vista/XP now. The reason that
Linux always has "good" support for drivers is that its updated/released
so often (6 months in Ubuntu's case). If windows was released that often
it would be the same.

Of course, who would be willing to fork out £200 every six months :)