[ubuntu-uk] Networking.....

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 19 14:35:23 BST 2009

John Matthews wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to be able to see my windows pc and files I have on
> there that I have opened to share, plus the Linux machines I have the
> same as well, all on the network. It seems something isnt working for
> networking.

Mmm... When I used MS, I normally mounted samba/CIFS shares permanently;
  otherwise, for temporary connections, I'd use Places>Connect to
Server, as Dan describes, and as you did before Karmic.

Sounds like a Karmic issue.  'Fraid I've not been playing with Karmic,
so I've no experience of troubleshooting this stuff.

Sorry I can't help more.

mac