[ubuntu-uk] Kubuntu Hardy to Jaunty failed

Mark Fraser ubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk
Sat Oct 17 11:27:13 BST 2009

On Friday 16 Oct 2009 21:00:56 Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/10/16 Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk>:
> > Oh dear.  I'm sure it was discussed a week or so ago about upgrading
> > between versions.  I gather it's not a good idea to upgrade from more
> > than one version to another at a time, so I guess from Hardy, you'd need
> > to upgrade to Intrepid, then Jaunty.
>
> Indeed. The best approach is to go from one release to the next
> consecutive one. The documentation for this is here:-
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

That is for Ubuntu, I was upgrading Kubuntu and there is documentation
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JauntyUpgrades/Kubuntu/8.04
on how to do it. Also the upgrader doesn't give you any option other than to
upgrade to Jaunty.

Seeing as it worked on two other computers, I can't see why it didn't on this
one. Probably because it knew the wife would be annoyed if I broke her
computer!