[ubuntu-uk] Release schedule

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Wed Oct 14 23:27:12 BST 2009

Sean Miller wrote:
> Anybody else fear that with the pace of change in Linux a 6-month
> release schedule is becoming rather a challenge?  I realise it's neat
> and tidy to do it, but wonder whether it is rather ambitious.

Yup. After hassle with 8.10 upgrade, I've reverted back to 8.04 and
sworn to only use LTS releases. And to only migrate to new LTS releases
three months after their official launch date.

The LTS releases are essentially Ubuntu's "stable" branch.

In any case, seriously, who has time to upgrade all of their PCs every 6
months? I've got 5 Ubuntu PCs, a wife, three kids and a full time job.

--
Andrew Oakley