[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu-uk Digest, Vol 54, Issue 4

Daniel Drummond dmdrummondx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 20:46:26 BST 2009

Rowan Berkeley wrote:
> I sincerely hope this list will not again be used to spout party
> political propaganda points.
>
> On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 19:48 +0100, Daniel Drummond wrote:
>

>> Won't change my voting plans.  I support them for a number of their
>> policies, including reductions of government spending, encouragement
>> of marriage and family values, harder prisons to discourage crime...
>> the list goes on. Their pledge to ensure an open IT procurement
>> process is just sugar on top.  It isn't an issue that would solely
>> obtain my vote however.  There are far more important issues to
>> consider when voting.

Question asked, question answered.  I mentioned no political party
name.  No "party political propaganda points" at all.  My point in fact
was that whether *any* party supports free and open source software
would not sway my vote.

What a typical British attitude.  Any mention of politics and it causes
an immediate lock up.  Thank goodness no one mentioned religion!

(btw you seem to have replied to the digest - makes it quite hard to
track the actual thread you were referring to.  Top posting didn't help
that issue either)