[ubuntu-uk] Disk Full (or nearly full) alert

Chris Coulson chrisccoulson at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:07:30 BST 2009

2009/10/6 Chris Weaver <chris at resonancefm.com>

> Forgot to say thank you for the suggestions regarding disk space
> alerts. I went with the roll your own option of df, cron and Zenity
> for a GUI alert. Works really well.
>
> - Chris

As Alan pointed out though, Ubuntu 9.10 already has a low disk space alert
so you won't need to roll your own if you decide to upgrade to this version
when it is released.

The alert that you should see in Ubuntu 9.10 looks like this:
http://bugzilla-attachments.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=137491 (apologies
for the large image). The "Examine" button opens baobab disk analyzer.

Regards
Chris