[ubuntu-uk] Ide to sata

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Thu Oct 1 21:05:17 BST 2009

I found that not using UUID caused headaches, as the PC, when booting
up, recognised the drives in a different order each time (using SATA
drives, and for a while some IDE drives too).

So I think that using UUID is essential for all internal drives. I have
found it best for USB drives to not be mounted from fstab, but instead I
use a script to mount them on the mountpoints I choose.

David King