[ubuntu-uk] Nvidia driver resolution support

Robert Flatters robert.flatters at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:08:18 BST 2009

Hi, this seems to be an old and very waring issue that im suffering from.
I'm running Nvidia 4400 SE. In the earlier version of Ubuntu 8.04 the
setting worked fine, but when the later version came out every thing changed
and the screen res was to put it mildly....crap. there were plenty of work
around but in the end it was the same. It was supposed to be fixed in 9.04,
but its still the same..... not sure what those guys at Ubuntu are doing,
but they seem to be forgetting some of the legacy stuff.

Kind Regards

Bob

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Roger Lancefield <rlancefield at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/9/19 Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>:

> Nvidia

> (probably
> this

> They've
> >
> > I don't think your card will have a problem. We (at The Open Learning
> > Centre) use Samsung 2343BW monitors that are 2048x1152 with no problems.
> > even on the inbuilt intel graphics chipsets that come with atom boards
> > you can get Compiz running just fine.
> >
> > My desktop has an Nvidia 9500GT and that is fine too.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Alan
>

> Thanks to you both (Gord, Alan) for the response. It sounds
> encouraging. The main reason I asked is that the resolution wasn't
> listed as available in the drop-down list in the nvidia-settings app.
> I wondered if that list was simply the native resolution of my current
> monitor (1900x1200) together with all standard resolutions below it --
> rather than being a definitive list of supported res. From Alan's
> experience, it sounds like it is :)
>
> Again, many thanks.

Robert Flatters, AMBSC