[ubuntu-uk] Manchester Ubuntu Release Party

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 14:10:44 GMT 2009

2009/3/20 Lucy <lucybridges at gmail.com>:
> I think we should
> organise a release party around the time of the release - it happens
> on Thursday 23rd April but the weekend of 24/25th April might be more
> appropriate.
>
> Question is, are people interested and where and when could we have the party?

Okay, I've spoken to someone at BBC Manchester and it's possible that
we will be able to use the BBC bar inside the BBC building on Oxford
Road. What do people think of this idea?

The advantages are: it will be quiet, it's likely that we will have
the bar to ourselves. It has free wifi and projectors should we chose
to use them. It's in a central location and very easy to get to. It
also has the usual advantages of a pub.

The disadvantages are: due to fire regulations I will need to collect
a list of names in advance, while it's possible some extra people will
be admitted on the day most people will need to sign up. It's also the
BBC, and while they are keen to reach out to tech groups in
Manchester, some people may have a problem with them.

So, are people happy with this idea or would people prefer to meet up
in a normal bar like Revolution (which may get crowded on a friday or
saturday night, which seem to be the most popular dates so far)?