[ubuntu-uk] Odd behaviour with Netgear WG111v3 USB dongle

Toby Satchell tsatchell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:51:18 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have been using the adaptor for a while before and if I remember
correctly without issue.
But now, and I am not sure what has changed it doesn't work as it used to.

I can connect to the wireless network I have. Then if I set ping going
before it connects and leave it while it connects I get a brief burst
of data transfer.

After that ping can't find a host.

The network is authenticated and I have all the DNS, Gateway and IP
address from DHCP
Just I get a very brief second or two of allowed data transfer then it
appears as though DNS has given up.

I am using Ubuntu 8.10

I recently followed this
http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=732827
 tutorial and it hasn't fixed the problem

The laptop does have inbuilt wireless but it is a Broadcom chip that
has had issues in the past and refused to connect properly. So that
has been disabled using a keyboard combination.

The USB dongle has however worked as normal last night before trying
the tutorial above, I have't a clue what made it work as normal.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Toby.

--