[ubuntu-uk] (no subject)

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 20:37:10 GMT 2009

2009/3/8 Dianne Reuby <pramclub at yahoo.co.uk>:
> In Synaptic, you can right-click the package and choose "properties" -
> look on the "installed files" tab to see where they all are.
>
> Dianne
>
> On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 15:49 +0000, red wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I am trying to install a programme via package installer but the
>> installer reads that the software is already installed, if so, then how
>> do i find it?

Hi Rik,

Further to this, just in case you're not that familiar with Linux: in
the list of installed files, look for the ones in /bin, /usr/bin (or
maybe /usr/local/bin) - these will be the ones that you actually run.

How do you actually run it now you know the name? Either open a
terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal), or use the Run
Application dialog (Alt-F2). Then type the name you found from
Dianne's suggestion.

HTH, and hope I'm not sounding patronising.

Cofion/Regards,
Neil.