[ubuntu-uk] (no subject)

Ross Woodruff rawoodruff91 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 8 20:54:04 GMT 2009

Once you know the name of the program using the method Dianne suggested
and are able to run it in a terminal suggested by Neil you can add it to
the applications menu by right clicking on where it says "Applications"
on the menu bar then click on "Edit Menus".

A window will open, on the left find the category that you think best
describes the program. On the right click "New Item". Keep the type as
application, choose what you like for the name but its probably best to
use the name of the application (obviously). In the command box enter
the command found using Dianne's method. Fill in a comment. You can
click the picture of a spring with something on top of it to browse for
an icon. After all that is done, click ok.

The application will now be in the menu which is useful if you do not
wish to open a terminal everytime to run it and use it frequently, you
can also add it to the panel shortcuts.

Sorry if you already knew all that.

Ross