[ubuntu-uk] Learning Ubuntu....

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Thu Mar 5 17:11:21 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net> wrote:
>> I remember driving my friend Hugo Fiennes in, perhaps, the late 80s to
>> pick up a PDP 11 running Unix.  I remember him joking about "she sells
>> c-shells" etc.
>
> I've jsut spent 10 minutes trying to work out why I knew that name. Empeg.
> I was THIS "." close to buying one of the prototypes back in um...
> 1997 (ish) I think.

Yup, that's the guy!!

He started building his in-car MP3 player in his Mazda MX5 when I
still knew him, then he moved away and later it became the EMPEG.

Now works for some large MP3-player company... Rio or similar...

Lost touch long ago but he's an amazing man...  we were at school at
Millfield together in the late 80s.

Sean