[ubuntu-uk] Website Hacked.....

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 12:45:20 BST 2009

2009/6/30 John <jakewc2 at sky.com>:
> Hi Lucy,
>
> Having checked that, it proved very useful, as they are trying very hard
> not to answer any of my queries directly, plus it was around that time
> that they admitted to having a problem, and when I questioned them about
> and told them I knew it was the same person that made that attack and
> this one, why is it he is still able to attack the server. To which they
> stopped answering my messages. They tried to tell me that it was a multi
> IP attack, by many different computers, to which I gave the address as
> proof, to show them it was just one person. Not happy they arent.
>
> I'm not happy either that they wont help me and show me what exactly was
> the problem with my site. Its been very frustrating.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems with them, but not
entirely surprised :/

As your sites have been restored any evidence will have been removed
about what happened. I would recommend double-checking that you're
running the latest version of Wordpress and phpbb, plus any plugins
you use for both sites. Then start reading up about securing them - I
don't know enough to properly advise unfortunately. I would say that
it's impossible to guarantee stopping this happening again but you can
reduce the chances by taking these steps.

If your ISP are happy to continue hosting the sites then I'd guess
that the problem has been fixed for now.

I hope you manage to sort things out. Might be worth starting a new
thread about cheap hosting providers if not!

Best wishes