[ubuntu-uk] Website Hacked.....

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Tue Jun 30 10:49:11 BST 2009

Lucy wrote:
> 2009/6/29 John <jakewc2 at sky.com>:
>
>> I just got a mesage saying no other sites on the server were hacked,
>> just mine. I remember Lucy saying something about how many sites there
>> were on the server, and I'm sure she mentioned something about other
>> sites being hacked, or something along those lines. Can you give me a
>> little bit more information about that. They are also saying that the
>> phpmysql exploit was done on the site, not via the cpanel now that I
>> told them about the strong password they gave me. I am pretty certain
>> they are passing it off. Its so annoying. That is as far as I can get
>> with them.
>>

> Hi John
>
> I found the information on the site that appears to track defacements
> like the one suffered by your sites. It's at
> http://www.zone-h.org/archive/defacer=CiH_H@CkErZ
>
> Looking a second time, there were only two sites affected in June,
> which were yours. However, there were many more sites affected in
> February on that server (i.e with that IP address). So, my apologies
> for the false alarm. Although, I still say that you'll never know for
> sure exactly what happened :(
>
> If you can post exactly what the ISP are saying about the phpmysql
> exploit then someone on this list might be able to give some more
> advice.

Hi Lucy,

Having checked that, it proved very useful, as they are trying very hard
not to answer any of my queries directly, plus it was around that time
that they admitted to having a problem, and when I questioned them about
and told them I knew it was the same person that made that attack and
this one, why is it he is still able to attack the server. To which they
stopped answering my messages. They tried to tell me that it was a multi
IP attack, by many different computers, to which I gave the address as
proof, to show them it was just one person. Not happy they arent.

I'm not happy either that they wont help me and show me what exactly was
the problem with my site. Its been very frustrating.

John