[ubuntu-uk] Website Hacked.....

David Restall - System Administrator dave at restall.net
Sun Jun 28 18:36:40 BST 2009

John,

> >> Really?  Depends on the server!
> >>

> > Absolutely, I know of firms that run upwards of a 1000 websites on a
> > single server.
> > Admittedly, they are small, low traffic sites and they are carefully
> > monitored so if traffic starts building the sites are moved to less
> > congested servers, but this kind of thing will happen when people pay
> > peanuts for hosting...
> >
> > As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.
> >

> Unfortunately, my circumstances are such that I cannot afford to pay a
> lot of money for hosting services. This Host has moved me around quite a
> few times to different servers. I wish I could afford to pay more.

If you're that strapped for cash, why not get your broadband provider
to give you a fixed IP address and move the site to a server running
from home.  Unless you are shoving out massive amounts of data per page,
it will be more than adequate.

You have full control of the server and should be able to lock it down
pretty tightly.

If yuor broadband provider won't, move to another one that will.

Regards,

ubuntu/uk-2009-06-28.tx                        ubuntu-uk jakewc2 at sky.com
| Dave Restall, Computer Nerd, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger          |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave at restall.net                     Web : Not Ready Yet :-(       |