[ubuntu-uk] Website Hacked.....

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sat Jun 27 21:00:01 BST 2009

Quoting John <jakewc2 at sky.com>:

> It looks like my site is gone. The host has not backed up as promised,
> and they are just saying its gone no backup. That's all I'm getting.
> They wont tell me what happened, they wont tell me how the hacker got
> in, tjhey wont tell me why there is no backup. Nothing. I am feeling
> very sick right now.

If all else fails,check out the wayback machine at www.archive.org -
the content is static, but at least you may have an idea of what you
wrote and when you wrote it.

With my company, we backup on a regluar basis but charge £30 for a
restore (unless it was our fault!).

Check your Terms and Conditions about backups and who should be making
them.  If it's your hosting provider, try and talk to their legal
resolutions dept. (although you may have to threaten to sue before
they let you through to that department).

M.

--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk