[ubuntu-uk] Free Software for Kids Facebook group

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Mon Jun 15 11:57:48 BST 2009

Hi folks,

Not sure if any of you are aware but tomorrow is the 7th Anniversary of
TuxPaint.  Anyway for a while I've been mulling over creating a Facebook
group to promote free software for kids (not just on Linux, but also on
Windows and Mac).  I figured lots of people use Facebook and I have a
few friends with kids who might be interested, and they also might have
friends who might be interested and so on.

So far I've only added TuxPaint although I was thinking of adding
TuxMath, TuxTyping, SuperTux and other free software that would be of
use to kids (I'm not just thinking younger kids, I'm also thinking older
kids say teenagers who might be interested in OpenOffice or some of the
applications and games aimed at older kids).

Anyway, the group can be found here: *http://tinyurl.com/freesoftwareforkids

*So if you have a Facebook account feel free to join up.  Any help would
be great.

Ta,

Rob