[ubuntu-uk] My 'snazzy Korean laptop' has conked out

ged byrom ged.byrom at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 15 09:17:58 BST 2009

Are you trying to start it on battery or power lead ?
Disconnect and reconnect the battery a few times. Try it power lead only. When it's turned off sniff the power socket. Can you smell burning ? If yes then I think it's young James' department.
I had one that reported a damaged or discharged battery. I took the battery out and used the power lead for a couple of months. Plugged the completely discharged battery back in and it now holds a charge where before it would shut down in minutes from a full charge.

regards Ged.