[ubuntu-uk] Broadband and hosting reccomendations

Daniel Drummond dmdrummondx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:55:56 BST 2009

David King wrote:
> I also hear that Virgin is very bad too, although if you can get cable
> and it works, and you do not have to deal with their helplines, it
> might be okay, but after many bad experiences with NTL in the past I
> will never go with them again, even though they are now rebranded as
> Virgin Media.
I use Virgin Media over cable, and have the 20 Mb service, and have
found it flawless.  I usually get the full speed, especially when
working with fast servers.  One big plus is that at
mirrors.virginmedia.com they mirror
Tucows Mac
Kernel

Fedora Linux

Tucows PDA
Freebsd

Debian Linux

Openoffice

Ubuntu linux

Tucows Games
Tucows
Tucows Linux
Gentoo

OpenBSD

Ubuntu linux

Slackware Linux

Tucows Themes
Apache

and so I have gotten great speeds downloading different distros, as this
server is fairly local.  Also my Ubuntu updates come from the
virginmedia server, and these are very quick too.

People only usually make noise when a service is bad, so often what your
"hear" isn't always a true reflection.

Dan