[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu stickers!

Thomas Ibbotson thomas.ibbotson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 00:11:24 BST 2009

alan c wrote:
> Thomas Ibbotson wrote:
>> James Milligan wrote:
>>> Good old popey.com ;-)
>>>
>>> Also noting someones earlier email - is it considered 'proper
>>> etiquette' to reply to a list email below the quoted text? If so I
>>> apologise.
>>>
>> Wikipedia has an article on posting style
>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)
>>
>> Of course, this issue will be irrelevant with Google wave as you can
>> replay the conversation. Looking forward to that!
>
> ?
> I use thunderbird with the view set to see threads. I can 'replay' the
> sequences at will. How does google wave differ from this?

I also use thunderbird with the view set to see threads. I also 'replay'
the thread by clicking on each message in turn. I find that big threads
can get quite unwieldly in thunderbird (i.e. when the subject line is
indented past the end of the subject column). With google wave you would
just have one 'wave' with everybody's edits, which you could replay by
clicking the replay button, and scrolling through the timeline. This
seems much cleaner and intuitive to me than the thunderbird thread view,
so I'm looking forward to trying it out when they release it.

There is also no need for bottom posting if you use thunderbird with
assuming everybody had all the messages in the thread, but it's much
nicer to have all the relevant information for the post in it, so you
don't have to go through each message in turn to get the relevant
information.

Tom