[ubuntu-uk] Help needed with ssh

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Fri Jul 24 19:54:16 BST 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:22 +0100, "John Matthews" <jakewc2 at sky.com>
wrote:
> I am now finding it frustrating because I cant copy and paste from my
> desktop to the file plus saving what I have done, cant work that one out
> yet, its probably very simple, but I am trying. But at least I have got
> that far.

I was thinking about better ways to help you through this earlier but
then forgot about it when you went quiet. The ideal would be someone who
knows what they're doing to sit next to you and take you through the
procedures you want to do and explain them. If you can't find anyone
local to do that it should be possible to get close to that using
phone/skype/whatever telecoms you prefer and screen's ability to share a
session so that you and someone[1] explaining things could see the same
shell.

     Robert

[1] I'm happy to be that someone and I'm sure others here would also be
willing to try it if we can't find a time when we're both available (or
do but my way of explaining things makes no sense to you...)