[ubuntu-uk] [marketing] LINUXWORLD EXPO UK 2009 Oct 1 2009

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Jul 22 18:37:50 BST 2009

I have just noticed this expo. Unfortunately I will not be able to
attend these dates.

However, I *had* been intending to try to arrange a community
(village) stand for the INFOPOINT display - some here might know that
I run an infopoint display regularly at bracknell computer fairs. I
believe an 'infopoint' display would be successful at the expo as part
of the Community Village. Infopoint covers all FOSS  but tends to be
relativey heavy on live Linux CDs including Ubuntu.
http://infopointproject.org/wordpress/materials/infopoint-guide/

Question:
Does anyone here feel motivated and able (or know anyone?) to commit
to take my intended place and arrange attend and represent Infopoint?

I have not yet made any arrangements although I will be very happy to
assist in preliminary arrangements under the lead of any volunteer. I
have a lot of materials such as leaflets I use at the computer fairs
and these will be also available for whoever can take it on.

Anyone please?

Note
Infopoint is distinct from a straight 'Ubuntu' stand. Expo organisers
tend to view Ubuntu as commercial on the grounds that it is sponsored.
Unless this changes, this means that Ubuntu may not get a stand in the
'community' village.
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user #10391