[ubuntu-uk] Google Chrome OS Announced

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Jul 8 15:15:54 BST 2009

Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk wrote:
[...]

> With Microsoft, I think it's very difficult to quantify them into
> necessarily good or bad due to their size. They undoubtedly have some
> very shady business practices but I'm sure some sections have no agendas
> besides making software.

Have you seen such things as this:
http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20071023002351958

extracts:
===========================
"Independent" consultants should write columns and articles, give
conference presentations and moderate stacked panels, all on our
behalf (and setting them up as experts in the new technology,
available for just $200/hour). "Independent" academic sources should
be cultivated and quoted (and research money granted). "Independent"
courseware providers should start profiting from their early
involvement in our technology. Every possible source of leverage
should be sought and turned to our advantage.
[...]
A stacked panel, on the other hand, is like a stacked deck: it is
packed with people who, on the face of things, should be neutral, but
who are in fact strong supporters of our technology.

If some sections have other agendas then they will not be following
the company manuals will they?
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user