[ubuntu-uk] scanner network settings

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sun Jul 5 20:03:42 BST 2009

Hi
I have a brother dcp310cn printer / scanner

it used to have an ip address of 10.0.0.4.  but I have recently put a
new router in and have had to reconfigure it to 192.168.1.18,

this works fine for the printer and I can print fine using cups as I
have re-configured it. However I can't seem to scan,  I need to tell
Ubuntu 8.10 where the scanner is on the network now its been
reconfigured,  I can't find where to do this,  running xsane is simply a
front end,

can anyone tell me please where this option is,  or what I run to simply
change 10.0.0.4 to 192.168.1.18

thanks

Paul

--