[ubuntu-uk] Remote support was Sad but true? From the Register

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 11:11:10 GMT 2009

On 18/01/2009 10:19, Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Well, it seems that an acorn has been planted.

Which one?

Electron, BBC B? :-)

Sorry couldn't resist.
> I agree that crawling needs to be successfully accomplished before any
> walking, and a proof of concept seems to be the order of the day.
>
> If this concept does get raised in the next UK meeting on IRC, can someone
> let me have the URL for the conversations afterwards as I personally don't
> IRC.
>
> If things go for a positive slant, I'll add something to the UK Ideas page.
>
> Ian

Sounds good, I did see somewhere about some remote assistance idea on
the Ubuntu Wiki, can't find it at the moment though.  I do think though
that if we can get something working it would be an ideal way of
providing support.  With regards to the question about if the end user
sees what we're doing, I think that is a good idea, well if it's workable.

Rob