[ubuntu-uk] Kerrighed

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Sun Jan 4 23:36:38 GMT 2009

Tony Travis wrote:
> Matthew Daubney wrote:
>> Hey all,
>> I've got a lot of old computers lying around and have been considering
>> setting up an Ubuntu cluster. I've previously cheated doing this now
>> and again and used OpenKnoppix, having got a PC with SATA hard drives,
>> OpenMosix now doesn't suffice as I need the 2.6 kernel.
>> [...]
>> Doing a bit of research I found Kerrighed and wondered if anyone has
>> played with this in Ubuntu? Is it easy enough to manage and maintain
>> or is it a right royal pain in the bum?
>
> Not tried it, but I would be interested to hear how you get on?

Hello Matthew,

I compiled the Kerrighed Kernel under Ubuntu 8.04 using the attached
script, and I've booted it successfully. I'd be interested to hear from
anyone else running, or thinking about running, the Kerrighed Kernel
under Ubuntu:

	http://www.kerrighed.org

Happy New Year!

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK