[ubuntu-uk] Laptop lid event to lock screen

Adrian ubuntu-uk.list at just-contact.me.uk
Sun Jan 4 00:19:47 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I saw Andrew's post about events when closing the laptop lid and I
wonder is there a way to just lock screen when the laptop lid is closed?
I have not seen this available in the Ubuntu settings. I do not wish to
shut the system off or suspend its activities, I would just like it to
continue working and give security that no one else on the network can
try to get in and that only I can get the screen back with a password.

Is this possible?