[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu for the Eee

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Sat Jan 3 10:22:44 GMT 2009

Liam Proven wrote:
> Setting up an Eee 900 for a mate. £40 off eBay! Great deal!
>
> Anyway, I'm not taken with Xandros, and I'm going to be supporting
> this little beast.
>
> What's the best Ubuntu remix for the Eee? Eeebuntu, Ubuntu-Eee, something else?

I use Ubuntu-Eeee on my 701
http://www.ubuntu-eee.com/
Based on the 8.04 LTS, it's go the netbook interface - nice big icons
etc - which suit my v. small 7" display. Hardware all works fine.

Other eee remixes:

eeexubuntu: http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexubuntu:home
based on xubuntu (xfce desktop) and 7.10

eeebuntu: http://www.eeebuntu.org/
based on 8.10

If anyone knows of any other ubuntu-based eee-specific distros, please
add to this thread, and I'll post them on the wiki derivatives page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTeam/Derivatives

John

--
John Levin