[ubuntu-uk] Non default driver

Rowan rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:41:19 GMT 2009

I didn't start out with the preconception that someone else would have
to sort it out for me hands-on. However, I do feel that now, and
yesterday two people on this list said quite cheerfully that at some
point it should be possible to do just that, and I don't want to start
reviewing that decision all over again. I am quite happy to wait until
someone has the time and energy and inclination to arrange a time and
place to sort it out with me hands-on. Reinstalling the whole of ubuntu
seems unnecessary. It's just a matter of recompiling the driver,
installing the DKMS, and checking for any other instances of non-default
modules.

Thanks
Rowan