[ubuntu-uk] KVM switch - suggestions?

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Mon Feb 16 22:37:40 GMT 2009

mac wrote:
> Do any of you good folks use a decent KVM switch that works well with
> Ubuntu/Debian systems?  If so, I'd be grateful for enough detail about
> make and model to enable ordering.

I use the Zonet KVM3004, 14 quid including 4 sets of cables:
http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=LE-KV4KIT

It's old-school VGA and PS/2 connectors. It works well with a PS2->USB
convertor and copes well with resolutions up to 1280x1024 @ 75Hz.

My review:
http://aoakley.com/articles/2007-02-06.php

> I appreciate that the Belkin switch is a fairly cheap one;  would I get
> better results with something a bit more expensive?

Digital video connectors would be useful, if all your kits supports it.

--
Andrew Oakley