[ubuntu-uk] KVM switch - suggestions?

Andrew Oakley Andrew.Oakley at hesa.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 09:31:53 GMT 2009

I wrote:
> mac wrote:
> > would I get better results with something a bit more expensive?
> Digital video connectors would be useful, if all your kits
> supports it.

To expand this point, what you generally get by spending more money is
better support for higher resolution video. If you only want to do
1024x768 @ 60Hz over a VGA connector, then any old second-hand rubbish
will do. If you want 1280x1024 @85Hz then you'll need to shell out in
the region of 50 quid. If you want 1080p widescreen over DVI then you
may be looking at nearly 100 quid or more.

Andrew Oakley
Head of Software Development
Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)
95 Promenade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 1HZ
T 01242 211460  F 01242 211122  W www.hesa.ac.uk

Higher Education Statistics Agency Ltd (HESA) is a company limited by
guarantee, registered in England at 95 Promenade Cheltenham GL50 1HZ.
Registered No. 2766993. The members are Universities UK and GuildHE.
Registered Charity No. 1039709. Certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.

HESA Services Ltd (HSL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of HESA,
registered in England at the same address. Registered No. 3109219.