[ubuntu-uk] Nvidia driver problems

Dianne Reuby pramclub at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 08:46:53 GMT 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 19:34 +0000, Neil Greenwood wrote:
> 2009/1/30 Dianne Reuby <pramclub at yahoo.co.uk>:
> >
> > OK, ignore me - I've reinstalled .09. rebooted and it's OK. Apart from
> > my username/logoff button being missing. But who'd want to log off
> > anyway?
> >

> :-)
>
> Seriously though, if you want it back and it's still missing after a
> reboot, you can probably do it by right-clicking the mouse on the
> Panel where you want the button to be. Choose "Add to Panel..." from
> the menu that appears and pick the button.
>
> I'm just guessing, since I'm still on 8.04, but I think the two
> buttons that are missing are "Quit" and "User Switcher".

Added that OK, and finally remembered how to move it to the place I
wanted. No special effects though ... until I was given a (used)
flat-screen monitor by my daughters boyfriend yesterday. Fiddling with
the Ubuntu hardware settings, I discovered my Nvidia driver was
installed, but not activated. Now it's activated, I have everything back
just as on 8.04 :)

Don't know why it doesn't ask if you want to activate when you install.

Dianne