[ubuntu-uk] Events in and around London?

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Sun Dec 13 17:13:11 GMT 2009

Hi Isabell,

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 04:40:57PM +0000, Isabell Long wrote:
> It just occured to me that I haven't heard of any events going on in or around London and I was just wondering whether there are any coming up or at least are some planned?

Do you mean specifically events related to Linux, Internet, free
software, etc.?

If so I could recommend:

- Subscribe to GLLUG.

  It's full of flamey threads and nonsense, but read it with a
  mailer that can mark entire threads read and it is still possible
  to find some gems and notifications of interesting events without
  going insane.

- Add fossevents.org to your calender or aggregator.  It'll tell you
  about events in the whole world, but it's still possible to learn
  about new London / South East events

- Join or follow groups like The Open Rights Group whose events are
  often London-centric

Some other things I follow that aren't (usually) related to computing:

- @LDN on Twitter
- skeptic.com society events
- British Humanist Association news feed (humanism.org.uk)
- http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/whats_on/

Hope that's helpful.

Cheers,
Andy

<GeorgeWBush> I'm still banned on #ubuntu-uk though. Or should I say,
  #ubuntu-anti-trans