[ubuntu-uk] Firefox force quit?

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sun Dec 6 22:22:42 GMT 2009

Dianne Reuby wrote:
> Ever since Feisty I've had to use Force Quit to exit Firefox, and on
> every upgrade I've kept saying "Well, it is an oldish computer". Now
> I've upgraded to 9.10, with a new version of Firefox, on a fairly new
> machine, and the only thing that's changed is that on 9.10 the buttons
> are reversed so I keep clicking on Wait instead of close! :(
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Dianne

I've had Firefox freeze up a couple of times, although I do have a whole
load of tabs open usually, I've also noticed sometimes the sound stops
working on Flash stuff as well.

Generally I just kill Firefox and re-open it.  It's one of those things
that maybe I should investigate, but I just haven't got round to doing yet.

Rob