[ubuntu-uk] nvidia graphics drivers

Michael G Fletcher michael at ilovemylinux.com
Thu Apr 9 23:22:36 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Farran Lee <fazzy.baboon at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> the graphics bit has got stupid now... different packages that depend on
> each other, or aren't listed as conflicting, are trying to remove each
> other. I have nvidia-180-kernel-source, nvidia-settings, nvidia-xconfig,
> nvidia-180-modaliases and xserver-xorg-video-nv installed. But I think I
> need nvidia-glx-180. Which tries to remove nvidia-xconfig, which I obviously
> need.
>
> annnny ideas? Thanks

Hi Farran, things seem to be very weird on your system.  I use the
hardware drivers program, under System -> Administration -> Hardware
Drivers and have never had any troubles.   have you tried that route?

I'm also still confused about your kernel numbers - do you perhaps
have the proposed updates turned on?

let's ignore that and just try the nvidia drivers for now :-)