[ubuntu-uk] Announcement: Manchester Release Party

Gordon Allott gordallott at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:00:50 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 11:14 +0100, Lucy wrote:
> 2009/3/25 Lucy <lucybridges at gmail.com>:
> > I'm pleased to announce that Ian Forrester (from BBC Backstage) has
> > booked us the BBC Manchester Bar on Friday 24th April for the
> > Ubuntu-UK Manchester release party. The party will  start at 7pm and
> > go on until late (although after 10pm we may have to move to another
> > pub on Oxford Road).
>
> I've had lots of interest for the release party and plenty of people
> have signed up. I'm really excited about it!
>
> However, I'd like to advertise it a bit more widely and need some
> help! I've informed local LUGs and other tech groups, the Ubuntu-UK
> podcast and LinuxOutlaws have kindly advertised as well, but I'd like
> to know what else myself or others can do?
>
> Also, can someone submit the event to the Ubuntu weekly newsletter?
> I'm not keen on signing up to the mailing list just for that and can't
> see another way to do it..

Could always whack it up on digg I suppose, although anything that
doesn't get a lot of diggs (ie: hundreds) doesn't make the front page
which in turn means the only people that see it are the ones who dugg
it.

Someone might want to put it up on the ubuntu-uk part of the forums, I
don't have an account there myself.
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=274

--
Gordon Allott <gordallott at gmail.com>