[ubuntu-uk] Firefox3 on network

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 22 18:14:25 BST 2008

Oliver Marks wrote:
> Dont know anything about how FF3 bookmarks systems but seems you could
> mount the shared network drive using fstab, and then point FF3 to the
> path which would now appear local to FF3 or create a symbolic link from
> the network shark bookmarks to the location FF3 expects the files to be.

Oliver >>> The profile is on a permanently mounted samba share (via
fstab) that already handles my thunderbird profile and mail folders, as
well as Firefox 2 bookmarks file.  It's just FF3 that doesn't work -
probably because of the way FF3's sqlite files interact with the
samba/FAT32 lack of proper *nix permissions.

Mac