[ubuntu-uk] GTK/Theme Settings(?) problems

Tim Dobson personalwebsite at army.com
Fri Sep 19 09:14:19 BST 2008

Hi there,
I don't often ask for help but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for
here.

http://files.tdobson.net/ss/broken.desktop.png

This screen shot, shows my desktop. There seem to be some problems with
the theming, or GUI kit or something.

I'm using my own layout of a GNOME desktop, which I use in a similar way
to how I believe people use IONWM or xmonad - so the row of workspaces
are completely normal.

However, all the fonts seem much larger, everything seems squared off -
like the weather widget has no curves in it at all.

Some one said I was running the default GTKv2 theme or something - I
have no idea how to change this - I can use the "appearances" settings
thingy to change some of the appearance, however, this does not resolve
the major issues and I don't seem to be addressing the real problem.

The back story behind this is that I have just hard upgraded from hardy
to the dev version of intrepid - it wasn't pretty - and didn't help that
I ran out of disk space on my root partition half way through :P
however, I sorted it all out and got a relatively workable desktop
environment.

Anyway, if anyone can help, or point me in the right direction, it would
be appreciated. :)

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net