[ubuntu-uk] how to reclaim space after updates?

Michael G Fletcher michael at ilovemylinux.com
Thu Oct 23 20:04:00 BST 2008

When you say several option in grub, do you mean several different
kernels to boot from?

If so, you can remove the ones you are not using manually in synaptic.
 Just be very careful you do not delete the kernel packages for the
kernel you are currently running.  the ones to look for are:

linux-headers
linux-image
linux-restricted-modules (if you are running them)
linux-ubuntu-modules

Just be very very careful! make double sure you are only removing the
kernel numbers you are not using :-)

I think that grub will also be automagically adjusted to show only the
installed kernel versions.

HTH

--Michael