[ubuntu-uk] Problem installing v8.04 from an imperfect 6.06 setup. Help required

LeeGroups mailgroups at varga.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 00:07:12 GMT 2008

Louis,

If it's booting from the CD, you should see a pretty Ubuntu logo and a
small menu, something like - Install/try Ubuntu, test this CD, test the
memory in this machine, etc.
If you're not seeing this then, its not booting from the CD. Either the
CD is not right or the BIOS options aren't set right. Some BIOS's have a
select boot device option during the boot sequence, try F12 or F2, then
pick the CD drive. If you know someone else with a PC, even if it's a
Windows box, they could try the CD for you (it won't do anything to
their box). If it works it's your machines problem, if not its the CD at
fault, in which case they may be able to download and burn you a fresh copy?

Hope that helps,
Lee