[ubuntu-uk] Problem installing v8.04 from an imperfect 6.06 setup. Help required

Steve Laming laming2000 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 16 23:47:49 GMT 2008

Hi Lou

Yes, the PC should boot from the CD and give you a menu.  One option will be
to run ubuntu without installing, next will be to install, then I think
there's a memory test and a disk check option, may be another one or two
options but I can't remember now.

If you don't see the menu, the CD isn't booting correctly.

On some PC's you have to press a key in response to a Boot from CD? prompt,
otherwise it skips it.  Did you remember seeing one of those?

Steve