[ubuntu-uk] Windows Free Laptops

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sat Nov 15 10:58:49 GMT 2008

Sean Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk> wrote:
>> Or...
>>
>> Coronation Street sponsored by Ubuntu Linux - two of the nation's
>> favourites ;-)
>
> Yes, that'd work... though Corrie is a bit "dumbing down" isn't it?

Hey it's better than Eastenders :-) (/puts on flame retardant jacket).

Since the viewing figures for Corrie are so high (in the millions) and
it's seen by so many different people (young, old, male, female) then it
would get out to a much wider audience.

I would have also suggested the IT Crowd for sponsorship but I'd say the
viewers of that would more likely to be geeks anyway (well, maybe not
entirely geeks).

> How many of the characters on there would be capable of turning on a
> computer, let alone knowing the difference between Linux and Windows?

LOL I dunno, they have computers in the lingerie factory.

> *cue screams of angst from Manchester Ubuntu-ites*

LOL I can just see they'll be 'Mad for it'. :-)

Feel free to flame with jokes about people who live in Devon (the Fawlty
Towers ones are the best).

> hehe ;-)
>
> Sean

Rob