[ubuntu-uk] [OT] eee 901 with ubuntu - issue

Michael G Fletcher michael at ilovemylinux.com
Sun Nov 9 20:19:32 GMT 2008

Hi Guys, I picked up an eee 901 last Monday.  I charged it and
immediately installed Ubuntu and adamm's kernel from array.org.
Everything works brilliant! However, I appear to be having an issue
with the sensor from the lid.  it appears to think that it opens and
closes randomly.  see an image here [1], the screen was open all the
time.

I have disabled all the power preferences that relate to the lid
functions, so it doesn't bug me, although every now and then the
screen flashes off and on.  Is it worth sending it back for repairs?
or something i should only do if it bugs me enough?

thanks
--Michael

[1] http://www.mgfletcher.com/pictures/eee/power_history.png