[ubuntu-uk] eeepc (was Acer Aspire)

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Nov 7 11:51:10 GMT 2008

2008/11/7 Lucy <lucybridges at gmail.com>:
> 2008/11/5 Alan Pope <alan at popey.com>:
>> I have stock Ubuntu 8.10 on my EEE 900 and it works very nicely, much
>> better than previous releases.
>
> Did you do a fresh install or an upgrade?

It's actually a bit of a bodge. I installed Ubuntu Mobile 8.10 from a
daily build just before 8.10 was released. I then removed all trace of
Ubuntu Mobile, and installed GNOME to get the standard desktop. I have
now removed pretty much all apps to turn it into more of a webbook. It
has a browser and other internet apps, but not much in the way of
local apps at all.

> I ask because I want to do an upgrade on my eeepc 900, but I'd like to
> know how others got on first.. ;)

I'd do a clean install personally. Especially if your / is on one SSD
and your /home is on the other.

Cheers,
Al.