[ubuntu-uk] Acer Aspire

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:48:57 GMT 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm sure though someone else has actually tried it.  I'm surprised
> though that they didn't bundle in a restore CD/DVD, I mean an external
> USB DVD writer is only about £30 nowadays.

I don't have an Acer, but I have an Asus eeePC and they provided a DVD with
a recovery installation on it.   It also contains an application that puts
that recovery installation onto a USB key.  However you need Windows to run
that program!
I would be (not) surprised (as Acer are rubbish) if they did not provide a
similiar USB recovery installation device program too.
Colin