[ubuntu-uk] Sonix Webcam

Michael G Fletcher mgfletcher at mgfletcher.com
Fri May 30 12:29:48 BST 2008

Ken Adams wrote:
> Having a nightmare trying to get my webcam running.
>
> According to Gnome Device Manager running on 8.04 the cam is plugged
> into my USB2 port
>
> Sonix Pccam +
>
> Camorama shows a non-descript colour pattern and Xawtv shows the same
> but changes the colour slightly if I place my hand over the lense. It
> also has a built in Microphone that is running properly as it plugs into
> the sound card.
>
> The camera is one from SumVision and can be clipped onto a laptop,
> although I am using it with my main desktop machine.
>
> Any help appreciated. Last bit to get running on Ubuntu. APART from the
> perennial problem reading Microsoft Publisher files:(
>
> Rgds Ken

Hi Ken

Not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem with my logitech
webcam and skype, it was all green and purple.  Although it worked
perfectly in ekiga. I use gstfakevideo to make it work.

I did a small howto here - http://www.ilovemylinux.com/node/19 Perhaps
it will help guide you in the right direction.

--
Michael G Fletcher
Interested in Linux? Visit www.ilovemylinux.com