[ubuntu-uk] Post install additions
davmor2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 15:54:56 BST 2008
On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 15:36 +0100, John Levin wrote:
> Alan Pope wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Here's a question for the group. If you install a clean Ubuntu system
> > for yourself (or perhaps someone else), what are the key things you add
> > to the system after, to get a "works for me" desktop?
Because I test the desktop I try to stick to as many of the defaults as
1. Liferea I never knew how useful it was till I started using my n800.
2. I keep playing with empathy which is about 65-70% there just that
extra and I'll lose pidgin.
3. ISO Master is a must for me I need to remaster iso's at speed and
that is the tool for the job.
4. Alltray I hate having to have evolution open on the desktop in order
to get mail.
6. Virtual Machine Manager (gui for kvm works well once you figure it
7. Wine for my course cds and games
8. Gpg/SSH and other data for the desktop
9. A boat load of apps that get installed when you need to break other
one etc at the request of devs.
Seek That Thy Might Know
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/attachments/20080624/1591e3cd/attachment.pgp
More information about the ubuntu-uk